- Mon Nov 3, 2014
Do you want to become God's man? If so, consider:
- Are you willing to come clean and confess your sins to God and at least one other person?
- Are you willing to serve your wife's family, even though you thought they were supposed to look after your interests first?
- Are you willing to give God at least fifteen minutes a day to talk with Him and read His Word?
- Are you willing to protect your integrity with boundaries and limits?
- Are you willing to start connecting with other men in authentic relationships?
- Are you willing to take the narrow road, experience rejection, and even suffer - with no clear reward here on earth?
- Sun Nov 2, 2014
Remember that your marriage is her call too. She simply has a differing role. Your leadership means allowing her to play her role freely. It doesn't mean you have to be out in front all the time, making all the decisions. It means allowing the right gifts to surface at the right time in your marriage. It may mean allowing your wife's gifts to predominate from time to time, especially if you're married to a go-getter like the "Proverbs 31 woman."
A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.
- Sat Nov 1, 2014
Jesus knows very well the struggle you're in. The Bible says He was tempted in all points as we are. The Holy Spirit knows you through and through. He lives in you, and He was sent to guide you and comfort you.
God is with you, and He knows the struggle is great. He fights with you, side by side. This view of God keeps shame away, but it leaves us room to keep a proper caution toward masturbation.
Think hard about this. Obviously, rejecting pornography and fantasy is a baseline requirement. That must be done, because it's sin. Any sinful form of masturbation must stop as well. While there may be some corners of masturbation that aren't sin, most of what surrounds masturbation is sin and binds us to the point of strangling us spiritually and emotionally. We must face that truth like men, rejecting shame and choosing manhood.
- Fri Oct 31, 2014
Father, I'm so sorry I haven't known the
truth of Your Word well enough to recognize
the lies Satan has thrown at me. When he
said, "Your wife's body belongs to you -
whenever, wherever, and however you
want," I totally agreed. I believed him
when he said, "Masturbation doesn't hurt
anyone." When he said, "Don't get carried
away with this purity thing," that sounded
like wisdom to me.
Lord, if I had known Your Word better,
I would have recognized those lies for what
they were. I wouldn't be battling my way
out of sexual bondage today and back to
a right relationship with You. But this is
where I am, Lord, and I want my eyes
and my heart and my mind to be pure
before You. Help me, Lord, to hate Satan's
lies and to love Your Word. Let Your truth
set me free. In Jesus's name. Amen.
- Thu Oct 30, 2014
Perseverance under pressure pleases God. This may mean:
- Calling a male friend to help fight the temptation to indulge.
- Seeing a marriage counselor with our wives for the second visit, even after a bad initial meeting.
- Not giving up our connection to other Christian men.
- Accepting help from others to do the right thing before God.
- Saying "no" to more work so that we can say "yes" to God and family
- Serving our wives without resentment, because it pleases God.
Today, as the moments of testing come, I
will remember that God is always with me
and is pleased when I seek and obey His
guidance when facing stress and pressure.