God’s standard for sexual purity is this:
- Sexual immorality begins with the lustful attitudes of our sinful natures. It is rooted in the darkness within us. Therefore sexual immorality, like other sins that enslave unbelievers, will incur God’s wrath.
- Our bodies were not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, who has both created us and called us to live in sexual purity. His will is that every Christian be sexually pure–in his thoughts and his words as well as in his actions.
- Therefore it is holy and honorable to completely avoid sexual immorality–to repent of it, to flee from it, and to put it to death in our lives, as we live by the Spirit.
- We should not be in close association with another Christian who persists in sexual immorality.
- If you entice others to sexual immorality (maybe in the backseat of back room), Jesus Himself has something against you!
Clearly, God does expect us to live according to His Standard. So take His command seriously–Flee sexual immorality!