If oil produces the lubrication necessary for engines to deliver the designed performance, then humility lubricates a man’s faith, producing results in his spiritual life. The Bible teaches that humility is the one core attitude that God’s man goes after as he seeks to make his relationship with the Lord work.
- God “guides” and “teaches” the humble (Psalm 25:9).
- “The Lord sustains the humble” (Psalm 147:6).
- Wisdom belongs to the humble (Proverbs 11:2).
- “True humility and fear of the Lord lead to riches, honor, and long life” (Proverbs 22:4, NLT)/
- The Lord personally dwells with and refreshes the humble (Isaiah 57:15).
- The humble will be exalted, and the exalted will be humbled, Jesus promises (Matthew 23:12).
- God gives grace to the humble (James 4:6).