God’s man has to establish florescent lines in the sand that he simply will not cross so that he can accomplish God’s purposes for his life. This requires humility, faith, and diligence: “Keep the rules and keep your life; careless living kills” (PROVERBS 19:16, MSG). Some ideas to consider:
- We can’t just show up and expect to conquer temptations and direct attacks against our faith.
- We have to train ourselves in spiritual disciplines.
- We have to plan for temptation and think through dangerous scenarios ahead of time.
- We have to form a network of support that follows us wherever we go.
- We have to cooperate aggressively with others who support our spiritual goals.
Father, I very much need You to help me
walk faithfully on the path to doing Your
will in the advancement of Your kingdom.