What does recalling Christ’s sacrifice do?
- It calls for a personal response.
- It renews our determination.
- It reshapes our relationships.
- It redirects our passions.
- It redefines our purpose.
The core truth about God’s men is that our lives reflect a personal response to an act of love we just can’t get over. It changes us at the core.
I once thought all these things so very important, but now I consider them worthless because of what Christ has done. Yes, everything else is worthless when compared with the priceless gain of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. I have discarded everything else, counting it all as garbage, so that I may have Christ and become one with him. (PHILIPPIANS 3:7-9, NLT, emphasis added)